Friday, July 16, 2010

NOT Mom of the Year!

NOT Mom of the Year Award

I can definitely be considered for not being mom of the year for a bunch of reasons.  I actually have had many, many years to perfect this. Yes I will admit that I only do laundry once a week, who has time to wash a load a day? So on Saturdays I tackle my mountains of laundry with my kids help of course! After a lot of coaxing and even some threatening involved they all pitch in and bring in basket after basket and hamper after hamper of the dirty laundry of 6 people. 

My seven year old eats chicken noodle soup cold and straight out of the can and I honestly don't see a problems with that, hey it is one less dish to worry about. Not that we use many dishes, we are the disposable family everything we use is disposable from the plates to the utensils.  Who has time to waste on washing a sink full of dishes, plus we live in the desert and are experiencing a drought I am saving the water for more important things.

My children do have beds and bedrooms but rarely use them instead they make a nests in whatever the last place they sat to watch tv was. I know this is gonna sound bad but my kids favorite movie is "The Hangover", they all watch MTV and the adult swim and know all the words to the most recent Lil Wayne songs.  My daughter wants to be just like Nicki Minaj so I even let her cut her hair in that style, come on there is only so much whining one person can take. 

 My oldest daughters best friend is her blackberry and I must admit some of our most enlightening conversations are held via text and not in person.  My kids actually call me by first name sometimes, but only after several attempts of them calling me Mom with no answer so who can actually blame them. 

My older son has a mophead because he decided to let his hair grow out but sometimes this comes in handy when he is not listening and I reach out for a wild curl and get his attention. He wears pants in every color of the rainbow and although he owns matching sets of socks refuses to wear them in sets, but would rather wear one of each color.


My dad thinks that I go out to much, but hey if you have an 18 year old built in babysitter shouldn't you take advantage of that? Besides I only go out about once a week if that much and never leave the house before ten p.m.  I always take the kids to church on Sundays is it my fault if a couple of them fall asleep under the pews because the sermon is not holding their attention.

I really don't have a problem with the older kids not having an actual bedtime as long as they don't give me a hard time about getting up in the mornings, or the cup of cold water comes out and they get an early shower. 
And I am a true believer that cereal is a food that can be eaten at any meal of the day just like ramen. My 7 year old is now an expert at cooking ramen and even offers to do it when company is over.  Speaking of company we don't have people over often with four kids, a dog, a cat and a fish to take care of who has time to keep a sparkling clean house.  Not me, between work, school, practices, games, homework and having daily battles over the internet cord (which by the way my oldest usually wins) who has time to have a spotless house.  I am content to be able to walk through a room and not fall over anything.

My dog has claws that have never been trimmed, my cat comes and goes as she pleases and well the fish who ever remembers the fish.  But we are one big happy family and we must be doing something right because my kids have not committed any crimes, have not killed each other yet and are intelligent and well rounded individuals.  

So my motto is if it ain't broke don't fix it.  For these and many other reasons I have probably forgot I am definitely NOT mom of the year.

10 comments:

MommyLovesStilettos said...

I love this! :)

Cluttered Brain said...

Yeah, I love your motto at the end--if it ain't broke don't fix it--:)
Great NOT mom of the year...:)

BNM said...

this is a perfect post and the motto totally fits!!
Your son reminds me of that beiber kid haha how cute i love his red pants ;)

Adoption of Jane said...

I think your definitely mom of the year for producing Brittany!

Unknown said...

I wish my kids would eat ramen!

Unknown said...

Ramen is totally awesome and the answer to every mother's prayers.

Life Without Pink said...

Oh I wish I had a 18 yr old live in babysitter - I would say use that to my advantage all the time! And Ramen noodles, YUM!!

Thanks for entering!

Shell said...

Tell Brittany to do some of that laundry! ;)

The Mommyologist said...

I am with you on the cereal for sure...it's one of the few things my son will actually eat!! I would SO take advantage of having a built-in babysitter like that. I'd be out all the time!

Sorry I am so late in reading this! I was traveling all weekend!

Mungee's Ma said...

I think cereal is perfectly acceptable for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack!