Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Saturday evening fun or was it?

Hello to all sorry I have been a slacker.  This past week was crazy and this one is starting out the same way.  So Saturday we went out as a family to the dollar movies it was the whole family even grandpa tagged along and he hasn't be!en to the movies since the sound of music came out, so some us know how long that has been!  Needless to say it was and adventure!!! We crowded 8 people into my 7 passenger SUV and hit the road.

I had gone out Friday evening with friends from work to celebrate a birthday so I was already all karaoked out!  This however did nothing to stop the car full of kids who each in their own mind believe they are talented singers, which is not the case! Ouch it was torture, to say the least everyone singing off key to a Taylor Swift song.  Grandpa wanted to know where the ambulance was, LOL. Only there was no sirens it was the singing, it was that bad.

At this point the car got quiet as Brittany proceeded to read her post from her blog the day before.  You could have heard a pin drop as there was an eerie silence in the whole car, except for some occasional sniffing from those of us who were crying.  She managed to turn this crazy moment into a tearfest as some wondered who she was referring to. I had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat as I continued to drive.  How could I not have known that she was suffering so much in silence, how had I missed the signs?  In all of the craziness of our day to day lives, I had not realized exactly what she was going through.  She is after all my oldest, my rock, my right hand man for so many of the day to day things and yes I do encourage her as much as I can and time and money will permit for her to go out and have fun with her friends.  I more than anyone know how much she sacrifices to help our family stay afloat.  I miss my cheerful young Brittany with out a care in the world always smiling and laughing.  I completely love, respect and admire my new older Brittany and now I know how things are really affecting her.  She is like a locked diary, she never spills a secret and I know that this is a dangerous way to live.  She scares me sometimes because she is bottling everything up and if and when she explodes the explosion is going to be felt for miles around.  I am so happy that she does blog because this is her outlet this is her place to vent.  I always wonder why the world is such a cruel place sometimes and how people can be so mean and nasty.  I guess that is just one of lifes mysteries.  I thank so may of you out there for being a part of Brittany's life, for giving her a shoulder to cry on, a kind word or gesture to hold on to, and words of encouragement to help her push forward and pursue her dreams.

And onto a lighter note we finally made it to the movies and wiped away our tears and went in to watch the third chapter in the Shrek Saga.  With two stragglers who opted instead to see Ironman 2.  Everyone laughed at the movies even grandpa so all in all it turned out to be a great evening with some sadness mixed in.  But hey that is always a part of my life.  I take the good with the bad and Thank the Lord daily that there is always more good than bad.  And of course as we headed home there was some more of that beautiful singing which I actually minded alot less than on our way to the movies.  Life is good and I am so happy to be the mother of this quirky brood they make it all worthwhile and push me so hard to try to be better in life.  And with this I am off to begin preparations for a small get together to celebrate my graduation with my bachelors degree.  It was a hard, long road but i finally made it.  Thanks Britt for always being there to step in as Mom, thanks Dad for everything you are my hero and I love you so much and thank you to my other munchkins for not complaining so much whenever I was missing in action.  I hope you all know I did it as much for you as for myself, because at some point in the near future I hope things get easier on all of us.  I love you all dearly and thank God for blessing me with the best, craziest kids on earth.

Thank you all for following and God Bless You.

3 comments:

BNM said...

Britt's post made me tear up to she is such an amazing girl and she although much younger than me inspires me on so many levels! If others cant see how terrific she really is than that is there problem and she will go far and do great things in her life! You've got a great daughter and youve got to be a wonderful mom to have raised such a sweet heartfelt inspiring young lady :)

Overthinking Mama said...

I am on my way over to read Brittany's post... your's brought tears to my eyes...

God Bless
<3
otm

Anonymous said...

I will have to read her post...I feel like I don't have much time for my older daughter...I go to school...work...have the younger child and a nephew to care for...It gets overwhelming...